About our class

Welcome to the Hearing Support Class at Tenambit Public School. My name is Katrina Duncan and I am the Special Education teacher in our class and our School Learning Support Officer is Catherine Wardley. We have settled into our new class and have already started working very hard. In our class we learn about all of the Key Learning Areas as well as some specific hearing goals for our students. Our students are integrated into mainstream classes so they get to socialise with many students their own age.

Our Kindy students have been working hard to learn their sounds so that we can begin reading. We have already learnt S,A,T,I,P, and N and have learnt the signs for these too. We’ve also been practicing counting. We can sign the numbers in Auslan when our teachers help us.

In year 5, we have been learning about literacy, maths, Bushrangers and solids, liquids and gases. We’ve even made an artwork by changing crayons from a solid into a liquid.

Please feel free to browse this site and make sure you read the blogging rules before posting any comments.

Kind regards,

Katrina Duncan.